P/t Grants Consultant Needed
Grantwriter Needed March 2019
Our Children LA (OCLA) is a small volunteer led non-profit organization dedicated to bringing resource information and services to homeless youth, families and adults in the greater Los Angeles area. We publish the only comprehensive Directory of Services for Homeless Youth, Families and Adults and the region’s only mobile app (WIN) designed to empower regional homeless youth, families and adults to locate the services they need to build a life out of poverty. Both the Directory and WIN are provided free to those in need and can be found in the iTunes and Googleplay stores as well as on our website.
OCLA is excited to embark on a growth initiative to enhance its mission and capabilities by reaching out to agencies and sponsors to apply for additional funding through grants. OCLA is accepting applications for its first part-time grant writer and is looking for an experienced grant consultant who will set up our grants calendar, create our grants narrative and oversee our organizations grants process.
The grant writer’s primary responsibility will be to assist with researching and exploring regional and national grant opportunities as well as writing and editing grant proposals, progress reports and submissions. The grant writer will review the sponsor guidelines to ensure that specific funding requirements are met in the grant proposal. The grant writer also will coordinate and carry out procedures designed to increase efficiency and quality of proposals, including innovative ways to streamline the grant production process.
OCLA is a virtual organization and the grantwriter should be comfortable working from home/remotely.
- Excellent management skills to maintain and organize multiple grant projects including program grant submissions.
- Strong proficiency in operating computer including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email).
- Experience and skill with writing and editing grant applications, with ability to develop adapt grant proposals to specific sponsor requirements.
- Ability to handle sensitive materials and confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent skill in setting priorities to meet deadlines and reflect accurately the relative importance of job duties and assignments.
- Excellent organizational skills necessary to complete tasks in an efficient manner and with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to respond effectively to changing priorities and fluctuating workloads.
- Must be conscientious in attention to detail.
- Experience and proficiency in researching grant opportunities and performing systematic reviews of such opportunities using search engines
Interested individuals should contact Our Children LA at email@example.com